Welcome!

Welcome to Outside the LT! This blog will be your one-stop station for all news, events and happenings in DMIT - Diploma in Multimedia & Infocomm Technology, NYP!

We are also on Facebook! Visit us at DMIT@NYP. If you have landed here as an alumni, why not be our fan to our alumni page at DMIT Alumni@NYP?

Feel free to email us if you have anything to share with regards to DMIT or to join us as our roving reporter. Do post your comments and let us know your opinions or queries if any, we are listening! 8-)



Thursday, November 29, 2007

IAP at Singtel ComCentre

My experience over at SingTel ComCentre has been a splendid one. I was assigned to Marketing Communications department, in short Marcom.

Basically, my department targets on corporate customers. Small Medium Enterprise (SME) targets to capture more customers with advertisements on different promotions of SingTel plans to be catered to the corporate customers. I looked out for advertisements in past old papers to be reviewed again.

Events are frequently organized for our loyal corporate customers. I helped out in two events. They are SingTel Movie Under The Stars and SingTel 10th Golf Day. These two events allowed me to see that business are not only built on just business alone, but also relationship between people. Allowing me to experience a work hard and play hard mentality.

Marcom department is also in charge of designing corporate gifts to be given to customers. During my internship, I help out in consolidating the orders of Moon cakes gifts. During my last few weeks of my internship, my colleagues and I were trying out chocolates and log cakes for the coming Christmas festival. Packaging, chocolates and cakes were revised over and over again to ensure that these Christmas gifts are of good quality to be given to the corporate customers.

I was given the honour to design a farewell gift for the Corporate Business Marketing Vice President. I did a collage with photos of him attending past events, the years he was with Corporate Business Marketing.

I also have created an online library for my department. This online library allows user to search for images. As my supervisor, a Creative Manager purchased a lot of Loyalty Free images CD. My job is to help her to filter the images into different categories and upload it on Microsoft Sharepoint. This allows user-friendly search. It works like deviantart, corbis, etc.

I believe this internship journey of mine has been an enriching one. I look forward to working with them again.

Contributed by Cheryl Lim


No comments: