Welcome!

Welcome to Outside the LT! This blog will be your one-stop station for all news, events and happenings in DMIT - Diploma in Multimedia & Infocomm Technology, NYP!

We are also on Facebook! Visit us at DMIT@NYP. If you have landed here as an alumni, why not be our fan to our alumni page at DMIT Alumni@NYP?

Feel free to email us if you have anything to share with regards to DMIT or to join us as our roving reporter. Do post your comments and let us know your opinions or queries if any, we are listening! 8-)



Monday, September 10, 2007

First Week @ Walt Disney

When I heard that I was going to Walt Disney for my attachment, I had lots of mixed feelings. I was happy because it was a rare chance and it was Walt Disney, I didn’t even know they that had an office here in Singapore. But I was also very worried and nervous because I was afraid I couldn’t cope with work over there. My supervisor called me and had this small little interview over the phone.



The first day, I arrived at the office feeling kind of lost, I reported and they brought me around the whole of the office. It had 2 levels and 4 offices, very huge! The environment at the offices was also very nice. Walt Disney soft toys, figures, decorations were like everywhere! I was then brought to my own workspace, give my own desktop, my own account, and my own @disney.com email account. I was really happy! Then they started teaching me stuff that I am supposed to do. They were all very patient and nice to me. It made me feel much comfortable and less nervous. They even brought me out to have lunch together with them. After hearing all the stories from the rest of my friends, I really felt very lucky to be attached to Walt Disney because not only the environment is nice, the people are also very nice plus I can apply my knowledge that I’ve learnt in school. I have to deploy Disney mobile games to different handsets that are available in the office, and slowly test out every features of it to look for bugs. If a bug is spotted, I will then have to write a bug report. Not only that, I have to do compatibility testing to see which phones can be grouped together. I have to study the different models and know their specifications very well. When the boss was back from her holidays, she even brought us to the Games Convention Asia 2007, and I joined in their weekly meetings.



As the days go by, it got really tiring to come to work. Waking up early and sleeping early has become a must for me. I’m still not used to the long working hours so I’m always yawning in the office. I can’t wait to learn more new stuff from them. I’m also coping very well. I love my attachment at Walt Disney! =)

Contributed by Stephanie Chan

No comments: