Welcome!

Welcome to Outside the LT! This blog will be your one-stop station for all news, events and happenings in DMIT - Diploma in Multimedia & Infocomm Technology, NYP!

We are also on Facebook! Visit us at DMIT@NYP. If you have landed here as an alumni, why not be our fan to our alumni page at DMIT Alumni@NYP?

Feel free to email us if you have anything to share with regards to DMIT or to join us as our roving reporter. Do post your comments and let us know your opinions or queries if any, we are listening! 8-)



Thursday, December 31, 2009

National Youth Achievement Award (NYAA)


NYAA is an exciting personal challenge to young people between the ages of 14 and 25. It is a balanced programme of activities designed to equip youth with personal qualities and skills to make a difference to themselves, their communities and their world.

Three of our MIT graduates, Eugene Tay, Kenken Lim & Elynn Pang were awarded the National Youth Achievement Gold Award (NYAA) on 2 Oct at the 9th NYAA Gold Award Ceremony 2009, which was graced by His Excellency President SR Nathan.

When asked for his feelings on achieving NYAA Gold Award, Eugene replied, "I'm pretty proud to have attained the NYAA award because I have challenged myself so much in this program and finally managed to complete it. It is definitely an honour to be able to receive the award from President S R Nathan. Completing the NYAA Program is a milestone in my life and the journey will definitely not end here. I am now a member of the NYAA Gold Award Holders’ Alumni (GAHA) and I hope that I will continue to be able to serve the community in many ways. It has been a memorable experience for me and the lessons I learned have been invaluable."

And how did he sum up the 3 years that he had with MIT @ NYP? "All in all, my 3 years in MIT and NYP have indeed been very fruitful from all angles. I built good and lasting friendships which I will treasure throughout the rest of my life."

As for Kenken, who took up the challenge to build her leadership qualities. She has discovered many more valuable skills in the process and has experienced much since. To her, she has now become more confident, mature in handling problems and crafting solutions for difficult situations. She is now much more aware of her strengths and weakness, hence, allowing her to work on her weakness to improve it. She added "This is not the end of the award, but the beginning of a lifelong learning process."

No comments: