Welcome!

Welcome to Outside the LT! This blog will be your one-stop station for all news, events and happenings in DMIT - Diploma in Multimedia & Infocomm Technology, NYP!

We are also on Facebook! Visit us at DMIT@NYP. If you have landed here as an alumni, why not be our fan to our alumni page at DMIT Alumni@NYP?

Feel free to email us if you have anything to share with regards to DMIT or to join us as our roving reporter. Do post your comments and let us know your opinions or queries if any, we are listening! 8-)



Thursday, April 2, 2009

Interview @ SMU



I recently got shortlisted for an interview with SMU in the faculty of Accountancy. Somehow, it feels like a JOB INTERVIEW. While at the waiting room, it was very suffocating as everyone out there were all so nervous. It was an individual interview therefore making me feel like a pressure cooker that might explode any moment. I got interviewed by a Professor and a year 3 student. Questions were more centered on why I chose the course and how big an interest it is for me. I remember 1 question which made me think hard. "What legacy do you want to leave in a company that you're going to work for". I can't remember what i said but it's a good question for me to ponder about. So all in all, I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping that I can get in! ALL THE BEST!

For an interview:
Be Yourself
Be Calm
Be Confident
and most importantly, SMILE!

1 comment:

guardianhm said...

I went for the interview today. I have chosen ISM as first chioce. The interview was conducted at SIS building. First hour spent with with current students. There were 9 of us in the room. They checked our documents, asked us to look thru some posters regarding SMU, read an article, write about ourself. We watched a video about international students' life in SMU.

6 of us were led to another room. After waiting a little longer, we went in for the interview. There were 2 of them. The first part was to share about the article that we read. Mine was about Bots (security stuff). The 2nd part was to check our problem solving skills. We were given problem and asked to come up with a solution stating all assumptions made. The third part is to share about one outstanding skill that I have. The last part was to ask any burning question regarding SMU.

The whole process was interesting. 1 thing tt I like about this style is that everyone gets a chance, regardless of ur academic background.