Welcome!

Welcome to Outside the LT! This blog will be your one-stop station for all news, events and happenings in DMIT - Diploma in Multimedia & Infocomm Technology, NYP!

We are also on Facebook! Visit us at DMIT@NYP. If you have landed here as an alumni, why not be our fan to our alumni page at DMIT Alumni@NYP?

Feel free to email us if you have anything to share with regards to DMIT or to join us as our roving reporter. Do post your comments and let us know your opinions or queries if any, we are listening! 8-)



Monday, February 23, 2009

Reminiscences of FYP

After completing my FYP, I find it to be a very fruitful and meaningful experience though there are times where things don’t work out the way I wanted and when difficulties arise. Going to the canteen to have a drink and relax for a while is definitely recommended.

Seeking help and asking for opinions from friends and my supervisor make problems easier to solve rather than letting time pass by unknowingly.

I made quite a number of new friends in my project lab. We had lots of fun joking around and having nice chats. We would sometimes play sports like basketball to sweat out. Having fun and staying healthy at the same time. Life in FYP isn’t always about doing project all the time, it would be very boring to keep on doing the project continuously. There were times when we should take a break and times to be serious in our work.

During the mid-term assessment which occurs in around week 6 or 7, it is IMPORTANT to take down notes of feedback given by the assessor and then seek to implement them eventually.

The most stressful week in my opinion would be the presentation week in week 12. I actually lost a lot of sleep during this particular week mainly because I stressed myself thinking and worrying too much about my presentation.

Prior to the final presentation, there were 2 days of “open presentation” where any lecturers can assess our project. It would be good to take down all the comments and get prepared for similar questions that might be asked again during the final presentation.

Some of the feedback I received were pretty harsh or lenient depending on each individual lecturer. I actually find it shocking when lecturers I knew of from Year 1 and 2 giving me very harsh comments that I initially find it hard to take. But I know they are doing it for the purpose of preparing me for the final presentation. They are still the kind and caring lecturers that I knew of during the time when I was in Year 1 and 2.

All in all, FYP is different from the study semesters. It is a very valuable and enriching experience for one to gain much from.

By : Liu Wei Ming

No comments: