Welcome!

Welcome to Outside the LT! This blog will be your one-stop station for all news, events and happenings in DMIT - Diploma in Multimedia & Infocomm Technology, NYP!

We are also on Facebook! Visit us at DMIT@NYP. If you have landed here as an alumni, why not be our fan to our alumni page at DMIT Alumni@NYP?

Feel free to email us if you have anything to share with regards to DMIT or to join us as our roving reporter. Do post your comments and let us know your opinions or queries if any, we are listening! 8-)



Sunday, January 11, 2009

Minister Mentor's Visit to NYP

Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew visited our school on 5th January 2009 and I was privileged enough to present one of the many industrial projects that the school has completed over the years.

Although many people think that it is just a presentation, to be able to present and have a brief session of Q&A was almost surreal. I always see him on the television and read about him but never really gotten to know what was Mr. Lee like in person.

He is such a fatherly figure I must say. It felt as though I was talking to my grandfather when he asked me about my secondary school and my plans for the future. He showed much interest in what secondary school I was from and if it was far away from my home. He was also interested to know what I plan to do after graduation especially since I would be graduating soon. He wanted to know which university I plan to go and why. Mr. Lee was also interested in why I chose to enter the polytechnic instead of a Junior College.

To be able to see Mr. Lee so active really inspired me to live life to the fullest. He had such stature yet he was really humble and nice when he spoke to us.

The experience preparing for his visit was also out of this world. My supervisor was such a great support and I learned a lot from him. Throughout the week of preparation, I learnt things that I would never find in a textbook.

No comments: