Welcome!

Welcome to Outside the LT! This blog will be your one-stop station for all news, events and happenings in DMIT - Diploma in Multimedia & Infocomm Technology, NYP!

We are also on Facebook! Visit us at DMIT@NYP. If you have landed here as an alumni, why not be our fan to our alumni page at DMIT Alumni@NYP?

Feel free to email us if you have anything to share with regards to DMIT or to join us as our roving reporter. Do post your comments and let us know your opinions or queries if any, we are listening! 8-)



Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tips for NAPFA

As a Year 3 MIT student in NYP, I’m going to serve National Service (NS) next year, as do other year 3 students. Guess what? We students tend to neglect our fitness, especially those who are in non-exercising CCAs or worst still, no CCAs.

Here are some small little tips which I like to share with you, they are simple and convenient to do, and could aid you in your NAPFA training:

1. Pretend that your school has no lift - This is what I’m doing now. Every morning I have to go to level 6 to look for my supervisor to sign my attendance (as I’m having my final year project now). I walk up the stairs from level 2 to level 6 and then walk all the way down to level 3 and go to my lab.

2. Control your diet - This is not going to be another “diet meal” or ask-you-not-to-eat-anything tip. It’s very simple. Just avoid eating fast food such as Mac everyday. Or rather, don’t eat them so often! I got friends who eat Mac 3 to 4 times a week.

3. Do a bit of simple work-out during your break, before having your lunch - NO! This is not asking you to sweat it all out and then go and binge. It’s just a simple workout. For example, if you’re in NYP like I do, there are pull-up bars outside most of the lecture theatres. When I walk past one of them during my break-time & before lunch, I’ll go and do some pull ups and try my best to do as many as possible; that’s it! So simple ;D

4. Exercise - If jogging alone is too boring for you, find your friends and play some games! Be it badminton, basketball, soccer or whatever it is! As long as it could make you sweat through you putting in some effort, it will do.

5. Do a number of push ups daily - This is obvious, I believe that most people are doing that already.

By following all these small little tips, you’ll be really surprised when you see the outcome after you actually take the NAPFA test. ;p

If you find that there are actually more things that we could do to aid us in training for NAPFA, please feel free to share it with all others by putting them in the “COMMENTS” section. I will go and approve it, of course. (:

Cheerios!

No comments: