Welcome!

Welcome to Outside the LT! This blog will be your one-stop station for all news, events and happenings in DMIT - Diploma in Multimedia & Infocomm Technology, NYP!

We are also on Facebook! Visit us at DMIT@NYP. If you have landed here as an alumni, why not be our fan to our alumni page at DMIT Alumni@NYP?

Feel free to email us if you have anything to share with regards to DMIT or to join us as our roving reporter. Do post your comments and let us know your opinions or queries if any, we are listening! 8-)



Tuesday, August 14, 2007

FYP@S.435 - May to Aug 07



One for the memories - a shot of the 8 of them. (from left: JianRen, Priscilla, Jasline, HuiLian, SeokHwa, HongChuan, Azhar, YiRen).

Let's see what they have to say for their FYP in S435.

Azhar :

FYP has benefited me in some ways. It encourages me to search for solutions to problems in more than one way. When the problem persists, I would have to look at it in from another perspective. There was no direct guide to accomplishing my objective and thus it allowed me to be more dynamic in my learning experience. My supervisor has also been very helpful in explaining to me the concept for my project and hence I am able to achieve my project objectives.

Jian Ren :

My project incorporating Second Life is really an interesting mixed reality project to do. Though it lasted for 3 months, which is neither long nor short, I've learn quite a lot. My project supervisor is kind enough to help me too.

Jasline :

I am quite happy as I met new friends while doing my project. I learn lots of new things from my labmates and partner. I enjoyed the days we are doing project together with joy and laughter. I am doing my project using flash, actionscript and although these stuffs are really giving me lots of headaches but I must say I really enjoy it.

Julian :

Life @FYP can be fun in one way or another, like meeting your ex-classmates for lunch and dinner after school. It's not just about doing projects, but also to have FUN! It may be the best time to broaden up your social network by knowing people from other labs.They will help you pass your FYP times as well as the stress =)

Priscilla:

FYP has been eventful as we are working with people we do not know so we have to learn to communicate with others. And also we had to learn something totally new which is stressful. But still we managed to pull through it all.

Well, all good things must come to an end, OLT congratulations to the 8 of them on completion of their FYP and advancing back to studies for another semester before they graduate from NYP. :)

More pictures

contributed by Cheng Yu Hui

No comments: